Tips for designing your website in an intuitive and engaging way
Websites can range from minimalist to sleek and even playful. You need to keep your target audience in mind while deciding on the design. The Internet can offer many website design inspiration for you to offer a product that fully exudes your brand identity. Read on to discover some proven tips that can help you build a compelling website.
Opt for a clutter-free home page
When a potential customer lands on your website home page, the main message should be communicated simply. Millennials are always looking to maximize their efficiency. As a result, they will hardly have time to go through every word on your homepage. On the contrary, they will quickly browse the page at a glance and select important phrases and images. This is why designers should be concrete with the content they plan to place on their web page as well as its overall structure. Visitors to your site will be in a better position to process all the information if they have less to remember. Following these tips mentioned below can add presentability to your website homepage:
• Go for a keyword-driven homepage title that indicates its relevance to users. This should appear above the fold so users don’t need to scroll down.
• Leave empty areas aside to give your home page a balanced feel.
• Communicate your point more effectively with graphical representation.
• Placing a CTA (Call-To-Action) button on the home page will encourage site visitors to perform various activities ranging from signing up to purchasing an item. But don’t put all of the CTAs above the fold because most engagements happen below.
Let the visual hierarchy be the key
Designing cohesion visuals can provide visitors with easy access to their required information, and the whole visual hierarchy process guarantees the same. Let’s take a look at the different components of the visual hierarchy that web designers should pay attention to:
• Main assets like the name and logo of your business should be more visually visible, as viewers have a natural affinity for bold headlines and only after reading the same ones do they switch to smaller texts.
• Using the right web layout can get your viewers’ attention in the right direction. Making the page tall with more pixels provides more flexibility in answering visitors’ questions. Statistics have proven that a longer page tends to increase conversion rates. You can use an anchor menu for long scrolling pages so that users can easily jump to the section they want with just one click. Another option to consider that can improve the intuitiveness of your website is to use the “Back to top” button.
• Bright, high contrast colors can attract the attention of spectators. Rich textures are more attractive and engaging than flat textures.
The website should be easily navigable
Being forward thinking can win you fashion brownies. But it is always advisable to play it safe when it comes to website design. Your users should have no trouble finding what they’re initially looking for on your website. Good navigation also contributes to better indexing of web content by search engines, which ultimately improves the user experience.
There is no such thing as easy and interesting content.
The readability of the content will determine whether readers can recognize all of the phrases, words, and phrases without encountering difficulty. An easily readable site will allow users to navigate the site while collecting all the information they need. To do this, you can follow the rules mentioned below:
• Vague captions made up of big and unnecessary words won’t help much in creating better user engagement, so it’s best to go for short and catchy words.
• Best practices for digital content are not about writing block paragraphs. Writing short paragraphs makes your content easier to read and understand. As a general rule, you can limit the length of paragraphs to a maximum of 3-4 lines. 12 words are considered sufficient to be grouped into a single sentence. If you need to keep it for a long time, use Sans Serif fonts. Mixing different types of fonts can lead to some interesting visuals. However, it’s best not to overdo it, as using more than three fonts on a website can result in a cluttered final look.
Ensure compatibility between devices
Nowadays, it has become more crucial than ever for companies to learn how to advance and rebrand online. Modern software can turn designers’ craziest ideas into reality. Just add a dash of creativity and follow the guidelines mentioned above to achieve brilliant results.