SEO Optimization in 2021: Top 3 Tips for Beginners and Students
Consider which trends will become popular in the SEO world and what you should watch out for when optimizing and promoting sites in search engines. This will be especially interesting for those who are just starting their SEO career.
Moreover, if you are a student and you are trying to combine work and study, do not hesitate to use some services that will help you save time. For example, edit my essay a service.
Thus, the number of ranking factors and the amount of search engine demands on online resources is increasing every year. Just 5-7 years ago SEO optimization and site promotion was reduced to the placement of small texts, flooded with keywords and mass purchase links on the pages to promote, and the quality of donor sites not particularly verified.
Reaching Google’s top 10 was relatively easy then, but now, due to stiff competition, those days are irrevocably over.
For a successful ranking of resources by search engines, you must do everything possible, because the algorithms of the PС The aim of the improvements is very simple – to show users the results of the show with the best results that best match their search queries.
To successfully improve the rating of an Internet resource and meet visitor expectations, it is important to take SEO trends into account and to know which promotion channels, tools and methods are losing their relevance and which are only gaining importance. ground.
SEO optimization and website promotion – trends in 2021
Before we start exploring the new trends, let’s take a look at this year’s announced updates that are going smoothly in the next one:
- Core Web Vitals – an algorithm launched in May 2020 and currently being actively developed and improved. You can read an article about updating Core Web Vitals on our blog.
- Page Experience is a new ranking updated in May 2021.
- Moved web resources to an updated mobile-first index in March 2021, although initially scheduled for September 2020.
- Passage indexing – update the PC to index the fragments, which will help Google better understand pages with good quality, but poorly structured “dirty” content. This year’s update has not taken place; it is likely to be postponed until next year.
- Thus, the optimization of SEO, the cost of which depends on the complexity and amount of work in 2021 should be carried out with an emphasis on future algorithms so that by their output, the web resource meets the requirements as much as possible. current search system. . Now think about what to do and how to do it most efficiently.
1 SEO optimization for Google – expert, authoritative and reliable content
Search engines find and display the most relevant pages that maximize user satisfaction. The higher the quality and usefulness of the content, the higher the audience engagement and the number of repeat sessions. Google dislikes and negatively perceives poorly written text, and if the information on the page is not relevant to the search phrases used, it will not show it in the results.
The worst thing that can be to promote an Internet resource – the publication and placement on the pages of short, spammy texts with keyword phrases. This method of promotion is so outdated that applying it now – bad tone. Also, with the release of passage indexing, handling long reads is likely to become more efficient.
By the way, SEO optimization and promoting sites through content doesn’t just involve publishing unique texts: reviews, case studies, news, manuals, articles, research and other documents. Also, it should involve other content formats:
- infographics, charts, diagrams;
- photos, images;
- product offer gallery;
- interactive maps;
- thematic calculators of services, goods.
Thus, the web page will become more diverse, interesting for the user. Let’s say if he’s lazy to read, he watches infographics or video reviews. Search engines are the top ranked content, which visitors finish reading to the end and share on third-party resources. It is a signal to crawlers that the material is useful and relevant to the target audience.
Read also: LEARN THE RIGHT WAY TO PERFORM AN SEO AUDIT
SEO optimization of website content will be incomplete if you ignore the concept of EAT. It appeared several years ago and in May 2019 became part of the Page Quality Assessment Algorithm – Page Quality. However, the concept is still trending in 2021.
The essence of EAT lies in the expertise, authenticity and authority of the texts. For example, the article for the medical platform should be written by a doctor or author with a medical background, the instruction for connecting the equipment – by an engineer, the text for the legal web resource – by a lawyer , a lawyer or a writer with appropriate training. By the way, Google has the right to request a certificate confirming the author’s qualifications.
To tailor your content to EAT requirements, it is recommended that you:
- Fill in the “About” section with detailed information about the company and its activities.
- Implement the addition of testimonials. The more real the positive reviews contained in the pages, the higher the value of the resource for the PC.
- Build a good reputation. Positive mentions of the company came from authoritative third-party sources.
- Build a mass of quality links. The backlinks from reliable and relevant internet resources increase the credibility of the website for the search engines.
- Provide information on the experts who wrote the article: title, training, professional experience, etc., publish opinion leaders, check the relevance of texts posted several years ago.
When optimizing content for the EAT, it is important to understand that it will not work quickly after making changes on this factor. It will work after several updates.
2. Local SEO – Google My Business and Maps
Due to the quarantine and the 2020 pandemic, local search has become much more in demand. People began to look for services near their homes. Google is supporting this trend by encouraging users to help local businesses by ordering services or purchasing goods nearby. Several adjustments were made to local search in response:
The Google My Business app added the ability to directly contact the public.
Map and research statistics have been improved, becoming more detailed and comprehensive.
A new personalized feed has been incorporated into the ‘What’s nearby’ section, which allows users to quickly find out what’s happening nearby. It adds the latest articles, reviews, photos from local experts, food vendors, and people the Google Maps user is subscribed to.
In addition, according to observations from SEO optimizers, Google has started showing the age of companies and the Google Guaranteed tag in local results, which can have a positive impact on the number of clicks and retain the audience. However, these options are still in the testing stage.
3. Website SEO optimization with focus on mobile devices
It’s been several years after the mobile-friendly update, but even now there are some online resources that don’t have a quality mobile version, especially these self-written web platforms.
To encourage webmasters to create a functional, practical and beautiful adaptive in September 2019, Google launched the Mobile-First Index algorithm. Considering that in March 2021 he had finally switched to it, adapting to mobile gadgets is a big SEO trend right now.
Statistics show that the share of organic mobile traffic in the B2C niche is already 80%. More and more people are using smartphones to surf the web as the ergonomics and performance of portable devices now allow comfortable and efficient access to websites on any subject.
Google Mobile-First SEO Optimization – What You Need To Do:
- Make sure the page loads quickly. Here it should be understood that mobile devices have slower internet speeds than PCs, which means that the resource should have less “weight” and charge even faster. After all, the user’s decision can affect milliseconds. And Mobile Friendly, in this case, decides whether someone will visit your online resource or not.
- Place texts, menu sections, buttons, and conversion items to maintain a friendly distance between them. Nothing should interfere with the clicks and navigation of visitors. It is also not recommended to hide content in tabs, carousels, and other interface components.
- Thoroughly test the functionality of the adaptive version. Features implemented on the desktop do not always work well on mobile devices.
- Focus the user’s attention on the most important thing, the one that solves their problem. Since the screen of mobile gadgets is smaller than that of PC, interface elements implemented for beauty must be tested for their usefulness to visitors.
So if your site does not have an adaptive version, or if it is still on the m.site.com subdomain, you must resolve this issue by September 2021, otherwise your web resource will not receive organic traffic, and its position will be lowered by the search engine.
Posted on July 11, 2021