New Mediate.com Membership Badges Now Available
New Mediate.com badges are now available for listing in the Mediate.com directory and for your personal website.
Two different membership banners are available: premium member and Featured member.
Mediate.com also offers mediator certification banners. Mediate.com certification options are described here.
here is a quick summary of basic certification requirements.
- At least 100 hours of mediation training and 200 hours of experience in mediation, with at least 12 hours of annual continuing education.
- Ongoing disclosure of complete information, including practice area-specific fees and case experience.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards, disclosure of professional liability insurance status, availability of references.
Here is a brief summary of the certification exam process:
- To begin the process, and after reviewing all of the information at www.mediate.com/Certification, a candidate “orders” “Mediate.com Certification Review”.
- A responsive email then provides specific instructions to candidates.
- Most candidates take a few days to gather all of their information and post it online in the Mediate.com directory and/or on the candidate’s website.
- Once the candidate feels their information is complete and ready for review, the candidate completes a certification application.
- Mediate.com responds to the request within 30 days. The response will be either an approval, a refusal, a request for additional information and/or a request for an interview.
- In case of refusal of approval, the applicant can make a “request for reconsideration”.
- An applicant who does not obtain approval may reapply after 6 months.
Here is a summary of the cost of mediator certification.
- The cost of applying for certification, including all first-year certification costs, is $149. If an applicant is not approved, $99 is refunded.
- There is then an annual certification renewal fee of $99. This includes an up-to-date review of disclosures and annual continuing education requirements.
- To apply for the Mediate.com certification, you must be a Premium or Featured member of Mediate.com. See www.mediate.com/Membership.
- It is through your listing in the Premium or Featured Membership Directory and your business website that required disclosures are made.