Drive With Us – Metro Nashville Public Schools
Good pay. Good benefits. Good schedule.
MNPS bus drivers are often the first and last interaction our students have with our staff during the school day. Drivers have the opportunity to make an incredible difference in a student’s school experience.
The district has 630 buses that make more than 26,000 stops each typical school day – all driven by professional and dedicated school bus drivers. We are still recruiting drivers to join the MNPS team.
I want to drive the future of Nashville. Tell me more.
- MNPS is one of the largest employers in Nashville. This means a good salary, schedule and benefits, including a Employee wellness center, retirement at 80% employer / 20% employee and access to Vanderbilt Medical Center Health Clinics.
- Our drivers are guaranteed eight hours of pay per working day, regardless of how long it takes them to complete their journeys in the morning or afternoon. Anything beyond that is classified as overtime.
- There is no limit to the amount of overtime a driver can earn through field trips or nights and weekends – so compensation can be maximized. Field trips are available between the morning and afternoon routes.
- Drivers are paid for two weeks of winter vacation – when schools are closed.
- Work through the summer months – or take them off! Employees have summer time off, but can choose to receive 12 months’ pay or land a summer job.
I don’t have my license, what should I do?
- Even if you’ve never driven professionally before, MNPS offers paid training for candidates to get their license.
- You don’t have to pay for additional training.
MNPS runs a six week paid training period for all new bus drivers.
MNPS has a support staff ready to answer your questions during the process and help drivers feel encouraged and confident during training and throughout their MNPS careers.
- Apply online for a bus driver position.
- Call us: (615) 445-4195